Design Beautiful Windows and iOS App UIs with C++Builder
C++Builder version comes with the award-winning VCL framework for high-performance native Windows apps and the powerful FireMonkey (FMX) framework for cross-platform UIs. Visual development for C++ has never been easier and faster – best of all your designs and your code will always be in sync!
- Rapidly design your Windows application with VCL to ensure unmatched native performance
- Easily drag-and-drop visual and non-visual components from the palette using our award winning visual designer
- Quickly extend your visual UIs with components from multiple certified partners
- Use FMX if you have cross-platform use cases and you want to use the same code base
- Save time by easily binding data sources visually to user interface elements using the LiveBindings Designer
- Real-time design validation using Live On-Device Preview to broadcast the active form to multiple devices simultaneously
- Add a responsive design with high DPI resolution-aware components for desktop, tablets, and smartphones
- Leverage platform-specific native controls for an improved UX
Code Faster and Smarter with C++Builder
Smart developers and Agile software teams write better code faster using modern OOP practices and C++Builder’s robust frameworks and feature-rich IDE.
- Spend less time waiting for lengthy compiles with our highly optimized modern C++ compilers for Windows and iOS
- Code Insight™ delivers code-completion based on your code and used libraries to help you code quickly and accurately plus customize the IDE to meet your coding style.
- Get native, high-speed direct access to InterBase, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, DB2, SQL Anywhere, Advantage DB, Firebird, Access, Informix, MongoDB, and more.
- Get hints and tips from inline documentation as you write code
- Utilize popular libraries such as Boost, Eigen, and ZeroMQ plus leverage a broad range of community tools and libraries.
- Integrate with version control systems including Git, Subversion and Mercurial
Debug Faster with C++Builder’s Integrated Native Debugging
Get to the bottom of bugs faster with integrated cross-platform native debugging. Using the C++Builder IDE, you can debug applications running remotely on Windows and iOS!
- Save time with the integrated toolchain bringing the designer, compiler, and debugger together into a single development environment.
- Add conditional breakpoints to quickly pause program execution at a specified location or when a particular condition occurs.
- Quickly explore the entire call stack so you can trace backward to discover the route the executing code took to reach the current location.
- Easily inspect the current value of variables while your program has paused during debugging.
- Debug on any device! Deploy your app to Windows and iOS devices and debug as though it was running locally. Use breakpoints, stack exploration, tool tips and expression evaluation on local and remote machines with live debugging across all deployment platforms.
Compile and Deploy High-Performance Native Apps with C++Builder
Reach your users by creating apps for their preferred device. Create both desktop and mobile apps from one codebase with C++Builder and deploy to Windows and iOS.
- Ad Hoc to Store: Rapidly produce application bundles that can be deployed to Windows Store (using Desktop bridge).
- Define files to deploy by platform and build configuration. Developers can identify within each project the files to deploy based on target platform (e.g. Windows, iOS) and build configurations (e.g. Debug or Release)
- Deploy files directly from the C++Builder IDE. Quickly deploy files to remote machines using Platform Assistant Server (PA Server). PA Server combines the files defined for deployment and packages them into a single application instance.
Easily Improve the Quality of Your Code with C++Builder
Faster development cycles don’t have to result in sacrificing quality! C++Builder includes many features to help enforce coding best practices, reduce duplication efforts, and help you become a coding rock star!
- Build better code by leveraging well-tested and highly optimized native Windows and iOS libraries.
- Turn your code documentation into immediate in-line help available to you or other developers in your team.
- Build unit tests for all of your code using the included DUnit and DUnitX frameworks.
- See what is going on inside your application without interrupting the application flow by adding live logging to any application with CodeSite Logging
Collaborate Better with C++Builder
The C++Builder’s collaboration and version control features will help you create better products faster, both as a lone developer or as part of a team. Code Collaboration drives deeper code understanding, better testing and better products.
- Track and manage changes using version control systems including Subversion, Git and Mercurial repositories
- Navigate changes and history using the history tab in the code viewer with the built-in difference viewer
- Integrate with continuous build configurations quickly with MSBuild, CMake, and Ninja project support either as a lone developer or as part of a team.
- Easily access Cloud-Based RESTful Web Services using the built in REST and JSON/BSON support.
- Connect to Amazon and Azure services, including application services, database services and storage services with the C++Builder Amazon API and Azure API
Easily Extend the C++Builder IDE
C++Builder includes hundreds of components for everything from creating user interfaces to database connectivity, making it fast and easy to build connected business applications for desktop and mobile platforms. In addition to the included VCL and FireMonkey components, a broad range of tools and components are available from the Delphi and C++Builder community.
- GetIt Package Manager. Rapidly improve the functionality of your applications by downloading and integrating new components.
- Get easy access to popular libraries such as Boost, Eigen, ZeroMQ, SDL2, SOCI, libSIMDpp, and Nematode.
- Easily utilize the broad array of third party components and controls for Delphi directly in C++Builder.
- Extend the IDE with Tools and Components from Embarcadero Technology Partners.
- Integrated Tools and Components. Beyond Compare, FastReport, TeeChart, InterBase, IP*Works, CodeSight!
- Extend the IDE with addons and plugins made by dozens of third parties, to customize the IDE to work your way
Design beautiful, intuitive user interfaces with award-winning and cross-platform frameworks on Windows and iOS. Provide a platform-native experience to your users while designing the interfaces only once, cutting development time in half or more.
Featuring a Clang-enhanced compiler, Dinkumware STL, and easy access to Boost, Eigen, and more.
Integrate with continuous build configurations quickly with MSBuild, CMake, and Ninja project support either as a lone developer or as part of a team.
Award winning visual designers help you deliver projects 5x faster than competing solutions.
Single Code Base
Create apps for Windows and iOS platforms with less coding effort. Write once, compile everywhere.
Connect to over 20 databases natively with FireDAC’s high speed direct access. Including InterBase, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, DB2, SQL Anywhere, Advantage DB, Firebird, Access, Informix, MongoDB and more.
Create a single responsive platform aware UI once and deploy on Windows and iOS.
Windows 10 Apps
Modernize aging apps to support Windows 10 with up-to-date responsive controls and Windows Store support
Develop applications quickly and easily with C++Builder.
Version Control Integration
Track and manage changes using version control systems including Subversion, Git and Mercurial repositories
Internet of Things (IoT)
Easily connect your apps to gadgets, devices, sensors, enterprise data, and cloud services.
C++Builder has an HTTP and a REST client library, available on all platforms, to invoke REST services and even specific AWS and Azure components
Create a plugin that adds new tool windows, draws in the code editor, provides code completion, adds new syntax highlighting, hooks into high-level and low-level events, tracks processes and threads while debugging, and more.
What’s New In C++Builder 10.4
C++Builder 10.4 delivers significantly enhanced high-performance native Windows support, increased productivity with blazing fast code completion, faster code with managed records and enhanced parallel tasks on modern multi-core CPUs, over 1000 quality and performance enhancements, and much much more.
We are pleased to announce that C++Builder 10.4 Sydney is now available. This release adds significant new and enhanced Windows capabilities throughout the product in addition to major productivity and performance enhancements across supported platforms. C++Builder 10.4 is available to download by any active Update Subscription customer.
C++Builder 10.4 Overview
- Significant Windows Enhancements. Deliver visually stunning apps with crisp high DPI UI elements on 4k monitors with new flexible styling support for visual controls. Integrate secure modern web technologies through Microsoft’s new WebView2 based on Chromium. Build modern enhanced title bars similar to Office, Explorer, Google Chrome, and others. Significant stability improvements with a new debugger for C++ Windows 64-bit.
- Increased Productivity. Increase productivity through blazing fast code completion in the IDE. Better compatibility with existing code and simpler coding through unified memory management. Rapidly bind data with Visual LiveBindings’ enhanced architecture and improved performance. Get easy access to popular C++ libraries like ZeroMQ, SDL2, SOCI, libSIMDpp, and Nematode. Expanded Amazon AWS cloud support.
- Performance & Quality Enhancements. Over 1,000 quality and performance improvements. Achieve better code efficiency through new custom managed records. Run code faster with enhanced parallel tasks on modern multi-core CPUs. Experience better screen rendering performance on iOS with Metal API support. Better compatibility with existing code and simpler coding through unified memory management.
Visually Stunning UI Elements Through VCL Styling & High DPI
- Windows VCL Per Control Styling. New enhanced flexibility allows VCL developers to now use multiple VCL styles on different controls and in different forms within a single Windows application. They can also be combined with third-party unstyled controls within a styled VCL app.
New Native Windows VCL Components And Upgraded Windows APIs
- New VCL Component: Image Component with Multi-Resolution Support. A new TVirtualImage component supports multiple resolutions and DPI scaling, allowing you to use high-quality image scaling and display for crisp clear images.
- Windows API Updates: We enhanced many API declarations and added additional ones improving the great platform integration.
Enhanced Cross-Platform Support
Faster Code Through RTL Enhancements
What’s New In C++Builder
Expanded C++ libraries support, a new debugger for Windows 64-bit, toolchain performance and quality improvements, and more.
Increased Productivity Through IDE Enhancements
C++Builder is available in three editions – Professional, Enterprise and Architect.
Choose the C++Builder edition that’s right for you
Suited for individual developers and small teams building desktop and mobile apps
Build native Windows Applications with High-Performance UI Framework and Components (VCL)
Build Mobile First, Cross-Platform Apps with Native Experience UI Framework (FMX) and Components (iOS and Windows) 1
Run-Time Library Source Code
Full Commercial Use License
Connect to local databases and build data-aware applications with support for multiple data sources with FireDAC
InterBase Embedded Database
IBLite Mobile Deployment
IBToGo Mobile Deployment
IBToGo Mobile Deployment
Build connected apps with support for remote and enterprise data sources with FireDAC
Build your REST web services on Windows with RAD Server
Development tools and Single Server Site Deployment
Development tools and Deployment to Multiple Server Sites
Connect with the cloud using Enterprise Connectors (CData)
Additional Database Development and Management Tools
Ext JS Web Development Framework (Pro)
1 C++Builder support for Android is limited to 32-bit app targets only. Google Play Store targeting requires 64-bit support and is not currently supported.
More About the C++Builder Product Editions
C++Builder is the fastest way to develop cross-platform Native Apps with flexible Cloud services and broad IoT connectivity. It provides powerful VCL controls for Windows 10 and enables FMX development for Windows and iOS. C++Builder inlcudes a wide array of services for Enterprise Strong Development™.
Architect Edition is the superior choice when you need to build and update data-rich, hyper-connected, visually engaging C++ applications for Windows, iOS, IoT and more.
Includes Aqua Data Studio database development productivity tool license, Sencha Ext JS Professional license, multi-site RAD Server deployment license, and InterBase ToGo for mobile license.
C++Builder is in RAD Studio
C++Builder is also available as part of RAD Studio. RAD Studio includes Delphi and C++Builder.
C++Builder Enterprise Edition is our most popular edition for building client/server applications for mobile and desktop platforms! Choose Enterprise Edition to create services-based applications and when you need remote database connectivity capabilities.
Build client/server and n-tier connected apps that connect to a wide array of enterprise database and cloud platforms including Microsoft SQL Server, DB2, Oracle, Sybase, InterBase, Amazon and Microsoft Azure.
C++Builder Enterprise includes FireDAC, a high performance data access library for developing multi-device applications connected to enterprise databases. The included InterBase ToGO license offers encrypted, embedded database capabilities to your applications.
Enterprise Edition also includes all Professional Edition capabilities plus a RAD Server single-site deployment license (US$5000 value), DataSnap, InterBase ToGo license, and FireDAC data access libraries.
C++Builder Professional is the fastest way to build and update data-rich, hyper connected, visually engaging applications for Windows, Mac, Mobile, IoT and more using C++. Quickly and easily update VCL and FMX applications to Windows 10 with the new Windows 10 VCL Controls, Styles, and Universal Windows Platform services components.
C++Builder Professional includes InterBase Developer edition and IBLite for local and embedded database capabilities.
Choose C++Builder Professional and start designing and developing multi-device apps today!
Delphi Magazine collects together hundreds of Embarcadero, Technology Partner, MVP and Community blogs, giving you one place to stay on top of what’s going on in the Delphi and C++Builder world.
Download the full Feature Matrix (PDF) for a more detailed comparison between editions, or Contact Us to discuss further.